Welcome to kapoano.com, my online home. I hope to be updating it regularly with my thoughts, both professional and personal, as a way to transcend whatever I’m doing to put food on the table.
My life has taken a lot of twists and turns over the years…so I thought it would be nice to have a public repository for my ideas, opinions and anything else I come up.
For example, in my life I have done the following:
- Voluntarily rebooting my career, ending a 10 year run at the company where I started at the age of 17.
- Returned to college after a five year hiatus to finish my degree, 11 years after starting it.
- Traveled to 35 different states, 19 countries and more cities and towns than I can count.
- Helped a not-for-profit startup get their feet off the ground, developed a sales team (increasing revenues by over a million dollars) for an internet marketing company and ran a local Jewish Federation’s film festival – the most successful one it ever had (increased attendance by 20%, increased revenue by 98% year-over-year).
- Taken over 10,000 photographs of amazing scenery on four different continents.
- Launched the most successful pro-Israel viral social media campaign ever up to that point.
- Met, fell in love with and got engaged to the most amazing person I have ever met.
- Launched my own digital media company (website still in development).
And that’s just in the last four years. The point here is that it’s hard for me to categorize myself as any one thing…with so many different interests and experience…I need a place to bring them all together. Especially as I will be looking to start a family in the near future, I expect this site to evolve from being just something I use to express myself and turn into a place that my future wife and children (and any Kapoano for that matter) can call their online home.
So who knows what’s next? I certainly don’t, although I certainly have a plan. If the last four years have taught me anything it’s that the best laid plans of mice and men…well you know the rest.
I hope you enjoy what I write, what I create and what I share with you.
But most of all – I hope you enjoy the ride – I certainly have.